Frd manual

1 Replies, 2110 Views

hey guys
im building my frd but im unsure on how to continue. Ive visited all the frd threads and i cant seem to figure out how to put the gearbox together. The shaft on the top doesnt seem long enough for the second smaller pinion. and yes ,i measured it, the 34mm one goes on top. Is there any manuals other than the orange slip that is included with the frd?

thanks
(09-19-2013, 07:31 AM)dharvin Wrote: hey guys
im building my frd but im unsure on how to continue. Ive visited all the frd threads and i cant seem to figure out how to put the gearbox together. The shaft on the top doesnt seem long enough for the second smaller pinion. and yes ,i measured it, the 34mm one goes on top. Is there any manuals other than the orange slip that is included with the frd?

thanks

I just recently put my FR-D V1.1 together

Pics for you if you are interested
http://www.flickr.com/photos/eyhpoon/set...238289393/

The top shaft which is 34mm is definitely long enough, you have to ensure to not push it too far towards the motor and use the screw on the pinion gear to lock it.

One thing is that you should swap the 35T and 34T pinion, which was wrong in the manual.
ie. 21T goes on the motor, 34T and 20T goes on the top shaft. 35T goes on the bottom shaft

You should also be careful that the spacer stated in the manual is not entirely correct, so select spacer and add shims relatively to ensure the whole gearbox rotated smoothly but at the same time limit the movement of the shafts forward and backward as much as possible.

Hope it helps!