Vertex Soarer (please look and comment)

3 Replies, 3250 Views

Hello everyone I'm new to this site, very green when it comes to rc cars I normally fly model planes but I have decided to expand, since three of my friends have cars I thought it would be fun to muck around with them. This shell is simple but I like it I love the lines on both the Soarer's and Supra's. I think the soarer is a touch more two tone friendly this was the look I had in mind when I bought the shell and car at the same time. The car is a HPI sprint 2 FLUX. Please forgive me if I don't shorten things I'm not down with the lingo yet. Only problem Im having is the offset. Its a 200 body so a 6mm at the front and 9mm at the rear should be what I need, however the style of wheels I want only come in a 3-6mm sadly they only had a 3mm set at my local hobby shop.

Question: If I can source a 6mm set is there a way to make the 6mm a 9mm maybe a new hub? I don't know and if that is possible would I then need longer wheel bolt due to the extra spacing?

I've searched online and came up with nothing can you link me some

Thanks in advance for any tips/advice/criticism or suggestions.

Here are some quick pics. Weird! Won't let me attach photos in that case I'll see if this works Just click next or previous to view the other photos.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=...=3&theater

Please let me know if the link doesn't work
(This post was last modified: 10-02-2013, 08:25 AM by rapture_212.)
(10-01-2013, 04:52 AM)rapture_212 Wrote: Hello everyone I'm new to this site, very green when it comes to rc cars I normally fly model planes but I have decided to expand, since three of my friends have cars I thought it would be fun to muck around with them. This shell is simple but I like it I love the lines on both the Soarer's and Supra's. I think the soarer is a touch more two tone friendly this was the look I had in mind when I bought the shell and car at the same time. The car is a HPI sprint 2 FLUX. Please forgive me if I don't shorten things I'm not down with the lingo yet. Only problem Im having is the offset. Its a 200 body so a 6mm at the front and 9mm at the rear should be what I need, however the style of wheels I want only come in a 3-6mm sadly they only had a 3mm set at my local hobby shop.

Question: If I can source a 6mm set is there a way to make the 6mm a 9mm maybe a new hub? I don't know and if that is possible would I then need longer wheel bolt due to the extra spacing?

I've searched online and came up with nothing can you link me some

Thanks in advance for any tips/advice/criticism or suggestions.

Here are some quick pics. Weird! Won't let me attach photos in that case I'll see if this works Just click next or previous to view the other photos.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=...=3&theater

Please let me know if the link doesn't work

not bad for someone new to on-road.

Just as a tip, use the [IMG](put image URL here)[/IMG] to link the photos next time, makes it easier for yourself too, esp. if they are already on FB
No such thing as perfect.
Student for life.

[Image: 2mo6o94.png]
great paint job.. i too dont have that long in rc drifting... i have always built 1/24 scale model cars and now have a little over a year rc drifting and love it... hey dude, i would use a hub that'll push out the rear rims a bit more..
Nice start. Here ya go. I grabbed this link from your FB Post and used the command that nismobao used.
https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/h...7522_n.jpg

[Image: 1377448_652505114773455_910977522_n.jpg]
DRB TCFD TB EVO4 PRO4
RC Drifting Yokosuka FB
YouTube
[Image: 9020124853_46e995567c.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 10-05-2013, 10:44 AM by BVRacingOO7.)