RX3 Black on Blue

8 Replies, 6854 Views

[Image: IMG_2924_zps7743d5ea.jpg]
This is my personal favorite color that Ive ever done. Sprayed it about 5 years ago and have just recently made a few changes to it.
[Image: IMG_2918_zps752da631.jpg]
The bumpers were sprayed in anodized aluminium but I didnt do a very good job on them as they were spotty and dull. So just like everything Im not impressed with it got the Matt Black.
[Image: IMG_2911_zpseadbafc2.jpg]
But one thing Im still not too sure on is weather or not the black flares are worth keeping.
[Image: IMG_2910_zps82bfc80e.jpg]
I only put them on one side to see what it looks like and they are just done with stretched electrical tape so its east to take off or replicate.
[Image: IMG_2899_zps4099a2f8.jpg]
And it needed an oil cooler, but what doesnt? The bumpers are held on by thin fridge magnets so they only just hold them on and pop off real easy with contact.
[Image: IMG_2885_zpsea1a4538.jpg]
So the color is really simple. Its just Tamiya Iridescent Blue/Green backed with Light Blue PS-3.
[Image: IMG_2877_zpsf5a66955.jpg]
So black flares or not? What do you guys think?
looks good with the smaller old school wheels, Nice!
My personal opinion is keep the black flares. It really makes the body pop. Love the color too!
Flares ftw! This is a really good look!
Where did you get that body from? I have been looking for a(n) RX3 shell
Currently working on a RWD Sakura D3 Check out my --->build thread:^^:

need the small retro wheels and the black arches looks the nuts
That is sick! Nice and clean!
[Image: Knytemare_Sig.png]
cheers for all the feedback guys. Definitely gonna go with the black flares, it just looks so plain without it.

@L3gTxDomo : its an 'abc' shell i think, i got a couple of them from my local rc shop about 6 years ago. Not sure on how to get hold of them on the net.
Cool Smile