Domo's rwd d3 build

180 Replies, 67218 Views

(11-09-2013, 05:05 AM)lougc8 Wrote: Nice! I bet you miss drifting that thing. Seeing other rwd d3 examples is really making me want to buy one hehe.

I do miss drifting it a lot, but when it's this close to completion, I can wait.
Currently working on a RWD Sakura D3 Check out my --->build thread:^^:

Small update: If you own any kind of belt chassis.....BUY SPARE BELTS!!! I just got a new belt and I already stretched it and it's ready to snap. I also ordered the aluminum wipers.

Also, I'm going to order a body soon. It's gonna be this rtr mustang body . My first body i'll ever paint myself.

AAAGGGGHHHHH!!!! I can't wait until it all comes together! Hurry up FedEx and whatever shipping company Tokyo uses.

Something must be setup wrong for you to break and stretch belts. My friends with belt driven chassis usually driven outdoors have had no issues. Should test how things roll by hand first before running it next time.
[Image: 4028172207455215s.jpg]
Overdose Drift Package RWD
CER D08 Premium RWD
Yokomo DRB Overdose RWD
Ce-RX type R White Wolf RWD
(11-10-2013, 12:43 AM)lougc8 Wrote: Something must be setup wrong for you to break and stretch belts. My friends with belt driven chassis usually driven outdoors have had no issues. Should test how things roll by hand first before running it next time.

Thanks for the advice!!

No prob, its a learn from experience kinda hobby lol. Usually learn from breaking things and messing up hehe
[Image: 4028172207455215s.jpg]
Overdose Drift Package RWD
CER D08 Premium RWD
Yokomo DRB Overdose RWD
Ce-RX type R White Wolf RWD
look nice. I'll keep myself posted to check on your upgrades and tweaks.
[Image: 222_zpsccdcf383.jpg]

Here For the love of RC Drifting
You guys! Look! I has a new remote
[Image: Ihasabox_zpsfc0d70be.jpg]

[Image: Ihasaremote_zpsfa380eff.jpg]

Installed
[Image: Ihasinstalled_zps8dba02f6.jpg]

Video to come soon!!!!!!

:^^::omg: Video!!!!!! First time ever drifting rwd(any helpful tips are welcome). Don't laugh at me, I was actually trying to drift lol. It's hard, I might do that rear motor conversion. At the end of the video, you hear me get mad because the pinion came off:wtfSadI don't know how)

I also snapped the rear belt....again. Good thing I have one on the way
[Image: FDB_zps2f9e2aca.jpg]

Update: Just waiting on more parts and the body to get here.

(This post was last modified: 11-13-2013, 11:15 PM by L3gTxDomo.)
lol how do you snap these belts! ive had a ta05 ta03r/f/fs/rs and a d3 and ive never broken a belt
(11-14-2013, 01:38 AM)awdracer Wrote: lol how do you snap these belts! ive had a ta05 ta03r/f/fs/rs and a d3 and ive never broken a belt

Honestly, I don't know:lol:. So far, I think THIS time, it was the cold weather or having a huge 25 tooth pulley and overtightening the belt. I already have another one on the way along with the aluminum steering wipers. I literally can't afford to break anymore belts