mikep415's Tetsujin Toyota Majesta

42 Replies, 19499 Views

Looking good Mike, If it wasn't for OCD we'd have nothing to do!...=) things will work out man
(12-04-2013, 05:30 AM)GreenSlider502 Wrote: Looking good Mike, If it wasn't for OCD we'd have nothing to do!...=) things will work out man

lol thanks bro!

did a really quick masking job(15min) on the windows to spray the black on them as well as the roof. I chose to do the chrome last since it requires a water based black backing, and if I spray more gunmetal or PS-5 black over the chrome, it dulls it out a bit. front bumper will get painted tonight as well as the chrome

[Image: 14_zpsc8d09695.jpg]
[Image: 15_zps44b46152.jpg]
Awesome , but what color do you use?

It looks very nice ^^*\/
Must say mike you've made a body i disliked the look of look great
Thumbs up!
Amazing as always mike!!

posted from crapatalk
Keep Drifting Fun
[Image: 9121590828_f56a93fe31_o.jpg]
(12-05-2013, 08:06 AM)rubberfer Wrote: Awesome , but what color do you use?

It looks very nice ^^*\/

thank you! color is Tamiya Lame flake with PS-23 gunmetal

(12-05-2013, 09:54 AM)HAYASHI Wrote: Must say mike you've made a body i disliked the look of look great
Thumbs up!

thanks bro! I was never a fan of this either. I just decided to challenge myself lol but this body is pretty hard to work with since its so thin. I painted the chrome last night but it didn't come out as good. looks more brushed aluminum or bright silver. Had a good coat of chrome on all the trim and decided on one last coat then my airbrush clogged causing it to splatter on one side of the trim. since the chrome was thin the spots were darker and very noticeable so I had no choice but to even it all out throughout the body which is why now it looks more like aluminum. I do have the spare that I cut the bumpers from and I kinda want to redeem myself haha

pics..

[Image: 18_zpsa0d4047b.jpg]
[Image: 16_zps2e4962d8.jpg]
[Image: 17_zps25d25a0c.jpg]

I just might paint the other lol but we'll see. Or should I go with the original plan and go with matte black trim instead of chrome? or leave it as is? hah opinions welcome!
(This post was last modified: 12-05-2013, 08:55 PM by mikep415.)
me like it
[Image: 222_zpsccdcf383.jpg]

Here For the love of RC Drifting
I think that chrome trim gives a high class style!
Who says Yokomo?
YOKOMO DIB
YOKOMO
DRIFT PACKAGE
YOKOMO DRB
youre really good at painting trims mike. which way do you prefer? painting on the inside or out?
looking good so far.. i have one of your creations all the way here in philippines.. hehe
The underdog drifter....
[Image: 117.gif]