My first drift car build!

25 Replies, 8071 Views

Hello DM, I am new to the onroad/drifting part of rc and will be building my first drift car. It is the fully upgraded D3 off ebay. I haven't recieved the car yet, but I just got my first upgrade part in the mail today!    
More pictures when my car or other parts arrive.
(This post was last modified: 03-06-2014, 12:13 AM by colebz.)
Just got this in the mail. Wonder what it is?    
3 days from hong kong to my house, with 2 dollar shipping! I'm amazed! Dont have time to open it right away. More pics as soon as I open it.

Okay, I had to open it lol. Some quick pics. Ill get more in a couple hours.            
(This post was last modified: 01-30-2014, 07:10 PM by colebz.)
Is that a D3 or a clone? Or used?
Rsector TA-06 Pro
Looks like the clone. Really curious how it performs.
GOoooooo HAWKS! And can't wait to see that bad boy in person, maybe this Saturday? Big Grin Big Grin

Where did you order from with such cheap shipping?!
www.facebook.com/raincityrajikon  - Seattle's scale drift club
RWD yoko dori pake -=- RWD SJ ota-r31 -=- 50:50 SJ ota-r31 (club loaner car)
+ 2wd Slash, 4x4 Slash, e-Maxx, Subaru Brat scaler, mRS4, broken quads and a bunch of spares
(This post was last modified: 01-31-2014, 12:56 AM by multi-bash.)
Its the clone. Did the complete tear down and rebuild with thread lock.                
If you want pictures of anything in particular, just ask. Im no photographer, though lol. Just have my phone.

This is my first onroad car. I have no idea what to expect from this thing. Despite some small problems, I am very impressed with the quality of it. Not to mention there is zero plastic! All aluminum and carbon fiber.
Start off with what I know is bad. One of the shock caps were cross threaded and stripped. I got it as tight as i could and drilled a hole on two sides of the shock cap, through the body. I used 2 very short screws to hold the cap on. Temporary fix lol. I'll be getting some new ones soon. If somone can point me in the right direction to get some good shocks, it would be greatly appreciated.    

Completely disassembled the chassis and bulkheads. It went back together like butter. Aluminum seems pretty strong. Lots of taking apart and puting back together. I tightened some things pretty tight and no sign of stripping threads! Im using electronics I had laying around. Traxxas servo, 13.5 turn turnigy trackstar sensored brushless motor and hobbyking 45 amp sensored esc. 23 tooth pinion Is the biggest that will fit with the stock spur.
Ive put maybe a half a pack (4200 mah) through it and im hooked! So much fun! Handles great from what I can tell. Its hard to transition! I'm sure its because im a newb, but I can see the front tires lock up and slide instead of stear when off the throttle. The one way gets here tomorrow. More soon!

(01-31-2014, 12:55 AM)multi-bash Wrote: GOoooooo HAWKS! And can't wait to see that bad boy in person, maybe this Saturday? Big Grin Big Grin

Where did you order from with such cheap shipping?!

I got it from ebay. Took 3 days from hong kong! I have a scale comp tomorrow, so not going to make it. Hopefully soon though!
(This post was last modified: 02-03-2014, 11:26 PM by colebz.)
Looks awsome. Transitioning is the art of drifting. You need to either flick the rear or loose enough speed to swap ends Smile

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
Keep Drifting Fun
[Image: 9121590828_f56a93fe31_o.jpg]
Thanks! I think I will do better with the one way installed. Cant wait to get home and practice!
I just started rc a month ago and I really enjoy the discovery portion of drifting. It took 5 hours or so worth of run time to adjust my car and get it dialed in. I'm just starting to really be able to control the car more than just a drift. Learning transitions now has been challenging but I'm getting the hang of it.

Drifting can be very frustrating at first but stick with it!
I forgot to add that mine didn't come with a rear diffuser. Did anyone else get one with their "clone"? Also, I have the ultra wide angle cvds installed and still get chatter at full lock. Do I still have to limit the steering?