Legend's FXX-D S

17 Replies, 10001 Views

Finally got this thing up and running. I couldn't figure out how to get my Savox to work with it so I just threw on a spare servo for the time being.

I still need to clean up some wiring and add more weight the back. I have a rear diffuser for it but I am digging the rear bumper look for now.

It's not like driving the R31 Rwd but still very very enjoyable! Not sure which one I like more since it doesn't feel like I am comparing apples to apples. I would definitely recommend picking up one of these bad boys.

Here is some sunlight pictures for now.

[Image: DSC02284_zps2eda22e7.jpg]

[Image: DSC02286_zps02b789e9.jpg]

[Image: DSC02283_zpsf1f4e0fb.jpg]

[Image: DSC02290_zpsf4bf9359.jpg]

[Image: DSC02289_zpsa2caafb3.jpg]

[Image: DSC02285_zps1f025f1b.jpg]

[Image: DSC02287_zps7c9950b7.jpg]

[Image: DSC02292_zps4b500a1b.jpg]

[Image: DSC02291_zps61d80b9c.jpg]
looks so stealth. is it easy to drive?
Keep Drifting Fun
[Image: 9121590828_f56a93fe31_o.jpg]
didnt know they had a plastic version... looks fun!
ta03r 1.7%
ta03fs 1.8%
yea very stealth, I love the look. It's not as easy to drive as I thought it would be. The R31 is much easier to hold angle and switch back. The FXX-D doesn't seem like it has a good balance. It spins out very easily and requires a lot of effort to hold angle, in terms of throttle and steering.

I still need to play around with suspension settings and adding more weight. It does feel like it has the potential to drive much easier

Edit* More steering angle will help too
(This post was last modified: 06-07-2014, 10:12 PM by Legend.)
Most likely reason why your having a better time with the r31 is because of its battery position. I've played around with both r31 horizontal style battery and fxx-d inline style battery on my chassis. I liked the handling of the horizontal style better, but I'm currently running inline now and have tuned it for that setup. Looks really good though all black.
[Image: 4028172207455215s.jpg]
Overdose Drift Package RWD
CER D08 Premium RWD
Yokomo DRB Overdose RWD
Ce-RX type R White Wolf RWD
Yea I figure it was the battery position. Dont get me wrong, the FXX-D S is a fantastic chassis and I enjoy driving it. It just needs some finer tuning. It took me about a month to properly dial in my R31 and it will probably take me a few more weeks to get this where I need it to be.

I will say this, the FXX-D S definitely feels more SOLID than the R31. Almost zero slop in the steering.
looks like you got me sold on the fxx haha. i was debating whether to get this or the speed power r31 fpr rwd purposes. as for battery position, can it be switched to horizontal?
ta03r 1.7%
ta03fs 1.8%
(06-08-2014, 07:27 AM)awdracer Wrote: As for battery position, can it be switched to horizontal?

Yes, I believe so. :-)
Enroute JXRWD 

Mad Machine IG / Mad Machine FB
Actually I don't think the S version has the option for horizontal battery position. The instructions don't mention it and there aren't mounting holes for brackets.

I added an additional 25g in the rear (on top of the MST 30g) and increased KPI angle. It feels better but still not perfect. I'm trying different tire compounds in the rear now. Raikous are too slippy. I have MST gold dots on the way and I'm hoping those will work.
Ah, okay, maybe not. I just assumed it had the same holes as the VIP version.
Enroute JXRWD 

Mad Machine IG / Mad Machine FB