Brown DRB

13 Replies, 5574 Views

Reanodized half my parts brown for a sweet 2 tone look. Im really digging it.

[Image: th_photo9_zps0ad04834.jpg]
[Image: th_10520911_554945317967407_147142009038...5f666c.jpg]
looks sweet man how did you do it?
Looks good! I would love to de-anodize or re-anodize the parts on my S2. Can't seem to find anyone that provides that service locally where I live in Norway.
Enroute JXRWD 

Mad Machine IG / Mad Machine FB
That does look pretty cool, the blue/brown combo is unusual and for that reason it's cool
Nice job on the anodizing. That looks more like a burnt orange or metallic rust in the pics. Did you send them to a pro for anodizing. St I'll looking for parts to finish my drb project.
Team Ghost Drift
[Image: TGD+official+WHITE+side+decal+Osaka-Sans...+edit1.png]
MST FS-01D cs@2.0
Yokomo DRB cs@1.8
Eagle  R31 RWD
the color is what they called "copper" and they darkened it a bit for me to make it closer to brown.
yes i took the parts to a metal refinisher. they stripped and anodized. took 2 days.
(09-16-2014, 03:33 PM)gerakatom Wrote: the color is what they called "copper" and they darkened it a bit for me to make it closer to brown.
yes i took the parts to a metal refinisher. they stripped and anodized. took 2 days.

How mich did it cost?
$80 to strip then anodize.
(09-16-2014, 03:33 PM)gerakatom Wrote: the color is what they called "copper" and they darkened it a bit for me to make it closer to brown.

thats exactly what i meant to say it looked like. it does look like a slightly darkened copper color. Props on a uniuque drb finish. are you still planning on leaving the blue?
Team Ghost Drift
[Image: TGD+official+WHITE+side+decal+Osaka-Sans...+edit1.png]
MST FS-01D cs@2.0
Yokomo DRB cs@1.8
Eagle  R31 RWD
(09-16-2014, 09:06 PM)rudeboy03 Wrote:

thats exactly what i meant to say it looked like. it does look like a slightly darkened copper color. Props on a uniuque drb finish. are you still planning on leaving the blue?

yeah i did the 2 tone on purpose. i love brown and blue together. also if i have to replace a part it wont be the only blue part. like a one way or the rear spools. or add some spacers somewhere or something. just made more sense to go 2 tone. plus it looks sick.