RC OMG servo's

7 Replies, 4070 Views

RC OMG (Only Manufacturer Golden, not Oh My God haha) is a new brand from China, who are making servo's for the top of the market instead of the budget market. I have been fortunate enough to be picked as one of the test drivers, and I would like to share my experience with these servo's:

I recieved my HDT045070B Digital Brushless Low Profile servo this week and I love it! It feels very solid and man is it fast! :B): The dimensions and spline are similar to the Futaba S9550 I had in my car before. The OMG servo feels at the very least just as precise and its much faster than the Futaba. I also had a few other brand servo's in my car but they don't even come close.

I made a little video of the speed that this servo has. I will have acces to a track next week so I can make another video of me actually driving the car with this servo in it.

http://youtu.be/O5tBJsNigHQ

And here's a few pictures I took while unboxing the servo:

[Image: RCOMG01.jpg]
Very strong box, my package arrived with a few dents and scrapes and DHL had opened the box also.. But the servo (and box) were safe and unharmedWink

[Image: RCOMG02.jpg]

[Image: RCOMG03.jpg]
Plenty of wire if you need it. Long wire comes in handy for an offroad car or a plane.

[Image: RCOMG04.jpg]
Here it is in my Yokomo DRB. I need the smallest servo possible as I don't have a lot of room in my chassis. This one fits very nicely.

And the body I will be using for testing:
[Image: RCOMG05.jpg]
[Image: twssig.png]
wreckitsideways.com
ZILLAlife*Hiro Seiko*Tonisport*SkyRC*RC OMG
(This post was last modified: 01-07-2013, 05:02 PM by Tizer.)
looks good. definitly fits the area well. we run our electronics very similarly Smile
what are the specs on it? and how much is it? looks like the 1251...
The underdog drifter....
[Image: 117.gif]
You can find the full speclist here:

http://www.rcomg.net/index.php?act=pShow&id=37  
The price for this one is 102 USD as far as I know

They also have a lot of other nice servo's, you can find them on rcomg.net
wreckitsideways.com
hmmm 102 is kind of pricey.. hehe.. i got a Jr racing z9100hvs for 65 used.. hehe.. love it and its freakin fast, but always down to try out something new and OMG seems to be good...

jr servo specs
The underdog drifter....
[Image: 117.gif]
Normal servo's are generally stronger (faster sometimes) and cheaper than low profile servo's.
wreckitsideways.com
Looking at the spec, I would have to comment on the stall current. At 6v, the stall current is 3.2ma. The Savox 1251MG, which has a reputation of drawing a lot of current, has a stall current of 3ma @6v. This has the potential to glitch some receivers as the BEC on most ESCs are 3ma at 6v (high end ESCs such as the SP Reventon Pro and Tekin RS are at 3ma @6v while the mid-range ESCs typically have a lower BEC spec at 2ma @6v.) Chances are, you'll need a capacitor/glitchbuster with whichever ESC you're running just to ensure that your RX doesn't run out of juice with this servo.
I was worried about the stall current aswell, but so far I've emptied 13 batterypacks and no glitching yet.. So I guess its ok Smile I'm using a Hobbywing Xtremestock ESC with a 3A BEC and the stock capacitors wired into the ESC.
wreckitsideways.com