Kaxlene's 370z and RX-7 revisited

18 Replies, 4707 Views

So i got out of drifting for a little bit because Tucson Arizona is void of drifters and i hated drifting by myself, but in the recent months Ive been coming back into it, doing some small 10 minute practice runs on my D3. Unfortunately i took my old RX-7 out for a practice run and got a bit cocky, smashing it into a rock and just about destroying the front end, and i worked pretty hard on this thing... i don't wanna throw it out... so i planned a new project last Friday after i placed an order for my new 370z body/project. the RX-7 will be my basher, and the 370z will only come out on special days

unfortunately i don't have any pics of it after the crash, but here is the before pic (you might remember it)

[Image: untitled_by_kaxlene-d92hb6i.jpg]

And here it is after me having to cut off the front end after the crash, i tried to apply some dents to the rear wheel wells, to make it look like its been in a wreck... (you might cringe a bit)

[Image: fullsizerender_by_kaxlene-da3u0ie.jpg]
[Image: fullsizerender3_by_kaxlene-da3u0hw.jpg]
[Image: fullsizerender2_by_kaxlene-da3u0i4.jpg]
Sakura D3: RWD
370z came in today, still need to do more shaving and sanding on the body edges but it looks pretty nice with these wheels

though, i dont yet know if i want to cut off the front bumper to try to make it magnetic, a bit scared to try it

[Image: untitled_by_kaxlene-da4n19v.jpg][Image: untitled_by_kaxlene-da4n19b.jpg]
What paint color are you thinking about using for the Z-car?

-Vic
Stable
  • Yokomo DIB275 Premium (RWD Conversion)
  • Yokomo DPR (Hayato Yoshiba Spec)
  • Yokomo YD-4
  • Yokomo YD-2 PLUS
Drift Gundam Blog
(06-01-2016, 01:14 AM)DriftGundam Wrote: What paint color are you thinking about using for the Z-car?

-Vic

Like a silver, i want to try to make the color match the factory paints from Nissan
side mirrors test fitted and im surprised i got them on perfectly and snug, and i went ahead and set the car's right hight, taking in the 1-2mm that ill be added from the magnets

also cut out the front bumper as cleanly as i could, that outer sheet is the only thing making this look like a bad job, but now i have to wait impatiently for those paints to come in.....

[Image: untitled_by_kaxlene-da4q3c0.jpg]
Just a tip: if you use a scalpel to score the cut lines instead of using scissors you'll get perfect cuts and never have to sand again Wink
(06-02-2016, 05:35 AM)Dcm81 Wrote: Just a tip: if you use a scalpel to score the cut lines instead of using scissors you'll get perfect cuts and never have to sand again Wink

oh i did use a blade to cut it instead of scissors, i just sanded to make it smooth to the touch because im picky lol
(This post was last modified: 06-02-2016, 07:17 AM by Kaxlene.)
Hey, I'm still a noob at this. You cut out the bumper...do you use magnets to attach it? If so, where would you attach them on the chassis?
MST RMX 2.0S
(06-02-2016, 06:01 PM)remz3 Wrote: Hey, I'm still a noob at this. You cut out the bumper...do you use magnets to attach it? If so, where would you attach them on the chassis?

im attaching them to the fenders of the body after i make a inner bumper for the car so it looks a bit more real when i drift with it off
Awesome, can't wait to see the end result! Too bad for the RX-7, it was really nice. I used to have a RX-7 shell too and after seeing some like yours it makes me want to make one again.
MST RMX 2.0S