HPI sprint 2 Sport

22 Replies, 12769 Views

Awesome, I just learned some helpful stuff, thanks for posting the specs, those sprint 2's are pretty bad ass, I might post mine up later today, nothing as cool but doing decent progress :=):
(05-19-2013, 03:20 PM)Rusty180SX Wrote: Awesome, I just learned some helpful stuff, thanks for posting the specs, those sprint 2's are pretty bad ass, I might post mine up later today, nothing as cool but doing decent progress :=):

Heck yeah man, pics are a must heehe
>SCREW IT, DONT NEED NO FANCY SIG<
First Post.

So I just got my sprint 2 a few weeks ago and have mainly used it on asphalt but I have gone to sheldons hobbies in San Jose twice and noticed just how much these things understeer. It handles fine on asphalt but ends up going straight at the wall on carpet. Seeing as how a lot of people are doing the front engine conversion I decided to go with a more mild mannered version of this mod. I have moved my battery forward roughly an inch and all my electronics are mounted on the upper deck on top of my steering linkages to get the weight forward more. To move the battery you just need to move the metal posts foward a set of screw holes on the chassis and the battery holder wings. To stop the battery from sliding back I used a lighter on the back battery tooth and bent it in and it holds the battery snugly forward, you might also need to dremel down the lip on the lower chassis unless yours is broken off like mine. In a short asphalt test doing the same stuff I always do down the driveway it seems a lot more manageable and transitions seem easier.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)