Genki's Overdose Type-C

208 Replies, 156178 Views

So, just as I suspected, the Active Hobby Link Suspension kit and Overdose rear chassis braces interfered with one another.

I bought the link kit to run, and so I decided to grind down the Overdose rear braces so I can run the kit. I started by doing it by hand, and well... it was going to take forever. This is after a little over half an hour of careful filing.
[Image: 002_zpsffc039b3.jpg]

The main reason I wanted to do it by hand was because I didn't want to go too far and damage the piece, as with a grinder there was a good chance of going too far and damaging the brace.

Going by hand was taking wayyy too long though, and my hand was killing me. I decided to try and carefully grind it down using the angle grinder. What I didn't realize is I was grinding down on a slight angle, and ended up doing exactly what i didn't want to do, sanding off too much and damaging the rear brace. -.-;;
[Image: 005_zps166be04f.jpg]

On the other side, I made sure not to make the same mistake twice. It came out how I had intended for both sides to come out for the most part. Not perfect, but not terrible...
[Image: 006_zps3db00d71.jpg]

I wasn't too happy that I messed one side up that badly, but at the end of the day it's not that noticeable from most angles.
[Image: 007_zps704475ce.jpg]

What isn't noticeable in the pics is that the Active Hobby Yokomo Blue is much darker than Yokomo blue. Although a small detail, it's a bit annoying.
[Image: 003_zps78e82d5e.jpg]

In the end, it didn't turn out just as I had planned for it, but at least this way I can run both parts instead of one going to waste..
AFRO'S RC CLUB x KERIZMA CLUB x MADHOUSE

Yokomo Type-C - RWD
Wrap-Up Next FR-D - RWD
looks amazing sunny!!! love this. wish i had the money to build a clone Smile
Keep Drifting Fun
[Image: 9121590828_f56a93fe31_o.jpg]
Thanks Robb, appreciate the kind words Big Grin

Originally I wasn't going to go this crazy with the build, but Overdose kept releasing parts for the car and I ended up giving in to temptation lol XD

Yokomo Type-C - RWD
Wrap-Up Next FR-D - RWD
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, those were too good to chop.

but hey, no one will ever look that close.

pictures on screen are 3x normal size.

[Image: RE-Xtreme_RC_DPR_25.jpg]

Mine arrived today.

I figure i'll build it in plastic first then decide what to change. I wasn't going to go crazy either... but it looks expensive already.
good thing the chassis itself was cheap. I just polished what I can.

I'll start my own thread...
I was pretty sad when I saw how badly I messed the left side up lol. It's not as noticeable as the pictures make it out to be, and should be less noticeable once fully assembled too~ >.< I hope.

The link setup really does make it look a lot more expensive. Your build's off to a nice start Big Grin

Yokomo Type-C - RWD
Wrap-Up Next FR-D - RWD
I see.
did you hand file?
You need a dremel. I use mine soooooooo much.

by the way, your link arms are on the wrong side.
I really needed the instructions for that link sus.
so many spacers have to be perfect.

I won't have cash for new electrics for a while.
I'm thinking to swap parts from my DIB chassis just to get it tested.

ps...

just get some matching blue nail polish... paint it on... you will never see it.
(This post was last modified: 05-01-2013, 06:35 AM by RE-Xtreme RC.)
I haven't bought a dremel yet, but I really should. I probably could have done a much cleaner job with one lol.

I hand filed at first and after a while I used a grinder because my hand was killing me.

Yea I realized they were on backwards after lol, I was hoping no one would pick that up xD
I'm hoping to have electronics in this by early to mid summer. Ill be upgrading the DIB's and it will most likely be donating its motor/esc combo to the drift package.

Yokomo Type-C - RWD
Wrap-Up Next FR-D - RWD
It looks fantastic anyway.

you sound like me too, scavenging parts because you spent too much.

[Image: Rextreme_RC_DIB_275_SSG_22.jpg]

I just got these used from a friend's DIB, so I used my ESC cash for them to completer the DIB.

My next ESC. I was thinking to go with an Airia +Turbo!
I absolutely love the screaming boost sound of the Accuvance Keyence Airia Setups.

but I was also thinking to try the Sanwa Vortex turbo because the throttle curve can be linked to "SSR" mode on my Sanwa Controller

I need to work out which current chassis will donate which parts too
I have the Dokyo 10.5 already in the DIB so i might rip that out and get a red can Keyence 10.5 for the DIB as it needs more red.
Yes, definitely scavenging haha. As for ESC/Motor, I plan to just wait until I can buy what I want, rather than settle for something. I want to run a Tachyon Aria/Luxon KG setup on the DIB. Hopefully mid summer Smile

I have seen the Sanwa Vortex popping up all over some of the Japanese blogs I follow. I should really look into it, I have no idea about its specs or features.

Your DIB looks great with the upgrade 1/2 and new arms. Saw your update on your blog a few days ago! Do you not like the Dokyo motor?
Come to the dark side and wrap the DIB chassis in black carbon lol Tongue

Yokomo Type-C - RWD
Wrap-Up Next FR-D - RWD
I already have a black carbon DRB, so I think the DIB will remain Silver.

I swapped my team bomber Silver carbon bumper stay on it.

It really finishes it off well.

For drift I don't see any real benefits of the newer ESCs the SP one with WIFI seems useful.
The Sanwa Vortex should be similar, they all have similar settings these days with neutral brake settings and so on.
the Keyence setup is nice, Mine never really gets hot, so I should push it harder. Super smooth though.

Dokyo, I just don't like the look of it. seems fine. but it has a clunkiness of throttle. I got it used with the DIB so I can't complain.