Genki's Overdose Type-C

208 Replies, 156178 Views

Well, not team suzuki, just Yokomo.
It looks like they are designed to work well with 10 and 12 deg castor block or Type C ball.  
I got the Kazama ones, basically the same, but with some flexibility.

Famous guy takeshi "TaKe-C" was using one of these JECT convers in Japan for 2WD.
It looks the same but the front end has reverted to the 4wd version from a type C setup.

I have a pic in my RC World magazine.

conversion chassis $180
Overdose gearboxes $160
team Suzuki arms. $80

there's $450 right there.

Someone thought it was good value... sold.
(This post was last modified: 04-20-2013, 05:52 AM by RE-Xtreme RC.)
A few more parts came in, and I'm finally done school, so I decided to work on the car a little bit.

I received my Overdose front Type-C suspension holder, as well as suspension arm pins(included).
[Image: 001_zpsefbc4363.jpg]

Overdose Front Shock Tower
[Image: 002_zpsd968e475.jpg]

Overdose Rear Shock Tower
[Image: 003_zps8fa05a46.jpg]

Here it is all together with the rest of the front end I mocked up earlier. Looks nice Big Grin
[Image: 004_zps6646926f.jpg]

The suspension pin screws into the front of the shock tower with the new mount, I like this design a lot.
[Image: 006_zps854a2e17.jpg]

[Image: 005_zpse2a640af.jpg]

Here is a good shot of the front shock tower, lots of adjustability options for the dampers.
[Image: 007_zps9ca0f2a2.jpg]

I then got to work on mocking the rear up. The rear of the Drift Package is cool, remove 7 screws from the bottom of the chassis, 2 from the top, and it comes out as one piece.
[Image: 008_zps3caccc55.jpg]

Rear end mocked up ready to go on the chassis.
[Image: 017_zpsd1481597.jpg]

Installed
[Image: 020_zps009db836.jpg]

Closer look at a few of the Overdose bits
[Image: 021_zps17f0e909.jpg]

[Image: 022_zps3939e456.jpg]

And the rear shock tower. Again, tons of adjustability options. I won't be using a Type-C setup for the rear of the car..
[Image: 023_zps8de394b9.jpg]

And here is how it'll sit for a little while, while I wait for more parts.
[Image: 024_zps1a7d9e5d.jpg]

Very happy with the build so far, especially the quality and design of the front Type-C mounts. Slowly but surely it's coming together.

Here's a reference pic from the initial build up of the stock chassis for reference
[Image: 019_zps62c9e3fe.jpg]

(04-20-2013, 05:50 AM)RE-Xtreme RC Wrote: Well, not team suzuki, just Yokomo.
It looks like they are designed to work well with 10 and 12 deg castor block or Type C ball.  
I got the Kazama ones, basically the same, but with some flexibility.

Famous guy takeshi "TaKe-C" was using one of these JECT convers in Japan for 2WD.
It looks the same but the front end has reverted to the 4wd version from a type C setup.

I have a pic in my RC World magazine.

conversion chassis $180
Overdose gearboxes $160
team Suzuki arms. $80

there's $450 right there.

Someone thought it was good value... sold.

Will you be trying those knuckles out on your planned RWD project? They have a nice design for sure. Also, are you planning to eventually go for a JECT conversion with your RWD project?

I really want to run that RC926 chassis you posted earlier with this car now. I decided not to go with the aluminum chassis from Team Suzuki. It would also mean my current Type-C suspension arm supports wouldn't work with the chassis though.
AFRO'S RC CLUB x KERIZMA CLUB x MADHOUSE

Yokomo Type-C - RWD
Wrap-Up Next FR-D - RWD
(This post was last modified: 04-27-2013, 02:23 AM by GenkiRF.)
gotta love OD. they are one of the BEST aftermarket companies Smile

i wish theyd make a full chassis already haha
Keep Drifting Fun
[Image: 9121590828_f56a93fe31_o.jpg]
Agreed, quality of parts is awesome.

They have basically created a full chassis with all the Drift Package parts lol. I wonder if they'll come out with their own chassis plates for it like they did for the DRB and TC-FD.

It would definitely be cool to see what they'd come up with if they built their own car from ground up too though. It could happen Big Grin

Yokomo Type-C - RWD
Wrap-Up Next FR-D - RWD
(This post was last modified: 04-27-2013, 11:13 PM by GenkiRF.)
NICE>>>>!!!!!

You need a spur adapter big time.
[Image: Rextreme_RC_DP_77.jpg]

TN Racing make blue gear shaft... It's a nice item. But you don't really see it on mine.
On yours it may be more visible.

what are you going to put in the rear? blue or black

[Image: Rextreme_RC_DP_62.jpg]

I was using my Drift package last night.... I love this thing at the moment.
I have a spur adapter just waiting to go into this Tongue
[Image: 021_zps1fab5c4a.jpg]

I think I will stick to the hardened input shaft from Yokomo for the time being. I saw the TN-Racing one, but it was sold out from the online retailer I was using at the time D:

As for the rear of the car, I'm not sure yet, but I will be ditching that stock plastic spool.   I'd like to find a 1.8/2.0 steel rear spool, and if I can't source one out I will be running the blue aluminum unit from Yokomo. So far I know M's racing made steel units, and I think Kazama did too? I haven't looked too far into these yet...

As for the rear overall, I'm a bit frustrated. I didn't take into account the extra ball cup mounting points on the rear Overdose chassis braces, and they look like they will interfere with the Active Hobby link suspension. Also, the Active Hobby link suspension is a COMPLETE different shade of blue, which kinda bothers me. It's a lot darker than everything else, haha. I'll need to try installing the unit to see if there actually is interference, but I'm almost certain there will be...

Yokomo Type-C - RWD
Wrap-Up Next FR-D - RWD
yeah M's make the solid rear spool.

http://msracingfuji.web.fc2.com/

Damn...!!! too bad about the clearance.

I have started my rear wheel drive.
I found the silver active link sus for it too.
but it will be a while before it will be presentable.
polished the motor mount today.

At the moment it's just a stock 1.5 DP with 10deg DPM castor mods all of which will be spares for my DP SSG

[Image: RE-Xtreme_RC_DPR_03.jpg]
http://rc-art.net/product/4571113628949

kazama spool is black.
Man y'all take the hobby to a whole different level.. Great job so far...
The underdog drifter....
[Image: 117.gif]
(04-30-2013, 09:36 AM)RE-Xtreme RC Wrote: http://rc-art.net/product/4571113628949

kazama spool is black.

Thanks! I just placed an order for one.

They had the Ject Triple Converter Mars conversion in stock as well... had to fight the urge to buy it. Need to finish this car and get it running before I consider anything else @@"... it was in my cart for the better half of a minute though~ lol

(04-30-2013, 11:24 AM)Combat_Drftr Wrote: Man y'all take the hobby to a whole different level.. Great job so far...

Thanks! I like working on/building chassis as much as I like driving them Big Grin

Yokomo Type-C - RWD
Wrap-Up Next FR-D - RWD